Adrian & Corena Swanier Education Scholarship
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” -Nelson Mandela
The Adrian & Corena Swanier Education Scholarship was established in 2010 to provide educational assistance for military brats. The program has awarded $23,000 to hard working military children worldwide.
The Adrian & Corena Swanier Education Scholarship was named after Adrian and Corena Swanier. They were both educators and mentors in their community for over 30 years. They were inspirational grandparents to Ketia who left footprints on her life forever. Every summer her travel basketball team competed in a national tournament hosted in a different state each year. Adrian and Corena attended every year. The support, love and inspiration they gave Ketia, helped empower her into being the person she is today.
Applicants must be a dependent unmarried child under the age of 21 (23 if enrolled as a full time student) to any of the following:
- Active duty personnel
- Military veteran
- Deceased military veteran
- National Guard and Reserve
The following criteria must additionally be met:
- Enrolled in an accredited college full time
- Plan to attend an accredited college towards a 4 year degree, vocational or technical certificate in the fall term of 2016
- GPA of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
*Students attending a community, vocational, technical or junior college must be enrolled in a program of studies designed to to allow the student to transfer directly into a four-year program
*Students who have a full scholarship at an accredited college are not eligible
2017 Scholarship Selection Schedule
- 1 January 2017 Adrian & Corena Swanier Education Scholarship Announcement
- 31 March 2017 Application deadline. No exceptions will be granted.
- 27 April 2017 Recipients will be notified via email.
Have scholarship or application questions? Contact Us